The SSV Corwith Cramer is one of two tall ship research vessels operated by Sea Education Association, an internationally recognized leader in ocean education. Throughout the year, the ship hosts semester and summer voyages throughout the Atlantic Ocean, including ports of call in Bermuda, the Caribbean islands, and Europe. Track its current position through the SEA Currents blog.
SSV Corwith Cramer
- Owner and Operator: Sea Education Association P.O. Box 6, Woods Hole, MA
- Displacement: 280 Tons
- Construction: Steel; built 1987 ASTACE Shipyard Bilbao, Spain
- Length Overall: 134 feet / 40.8 meters
- Length on Deck: 98 feet / 29.8 meters
- Draft: 12.5 feet
- Beam: 26 feet
- Sail Area: 7,500 sq. ft. / 697 sq. m.
- Auxiliary Engine: 500 horsepower Cummins diesel
- Complement: 38 persons
- Area of Operation: World Oceans
- Classification: United States Coast Guard, Subchapter R
- Rig: Brigantine