Current position of the SSV Corwith Cramer. Click on the vessel to view position history. Use the layer tools, top right, to change the map style or to view data layers. Dates and times use GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
SEA Currents: SSV Corwith Cramer
June 19, 2018
SEA President Peg Brandon Named as Aspen Fellow
Congratulations to SEA President Peg Brandon, who has been selected as an Arthur Vining Davis Foundations’ Aspen Fellow for the 2018 Aspen Ideas Festival to be held June 24-27.
According to a release by the Aspen Institute, the Fellows were selected from a competitive field of nominees of national leaders with diverse backgrounds and who represent the entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity and leadership qualities of Arthur Vining Davis, the CEO of the Alcoa Corporation from 1907 - 1948.
Since 1952, The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations have provided philanthropy to American higher education, medicine and health care, interfaith leadership, and to public educational media for children and for historical and scientific documentaries with national distribution. Under the Foundations’ 2017-2022 strategic plan, the AVDF Board of Trustees will consider proposals aligned with two new additional philanthropic priorities: environmental engagement, stewardship and solutions; and palliative care.
Since 2005, the Aspen Ideas Festival has been the nation’s premier convening of leaders from around the globe and across many disciplines to engage in ideas and issues that shape our lives and challenge our times. Through this leadership development grant provided by the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations Board of Trustees, the AVDF Aspen Fellows have the opportunity to learn with other Festival leaders including artists, scientists, authors, business executives, scholars, economists, foreign policy specialists, entrepreneurs, and educators. The Fellows’ presence will enrich the Ideas Festival and will foster relationships between leaders whose work aligns with the philanthropic priorities of the Foundations.
“The Aspen Ideas Festival experience is intellectually invigorating and highly engaging,” said Nancy J. Cable, president of the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations. “The Foundations are committed to investing in leaders who have contributed to their fields of expertise. The AVDF Board of Trustees is thrilled to welcome our 2018 AVDF Aspen Fellows.
2018 Arthur Vining Davis Foundations’ Aspen Fellows:
• Deborah Acklin, President & CEO, WQED Multimedia, Pittsburgh, PA
• Melissa Bradley, Professor of Practice, Strategy Development, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
• Sarah Botstein, Filmmaker, Florentine Films, Walpole, NH
• Peg Brandon, President, Sea Education Association, Woods Hole, MA
• David Brawley, Lead Pastor, St. Paul Community Baptist Church, Brooklyn, NY
• John Bredar, Vice President of National Programming, WGBH, Boston, MA
• Nancy Broner, Executive Director, OneJax Institute, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
• Isiaah Crawford, President, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA
• Anthony Foxx, Founder & Managing Partner, Related Infrastructure, New York, NY
• Shalom Goldman, Professor of Religion, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT
• Khristina Gonzalez, Associate Dean of the College and Director of Programs for Access & Inclusion, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
• Derrick Johnson, President & CEO, NAACP, Baltimore, MD
• Norm Jones, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Amherst College, Amherst, MA
• Michael (KJ) Kearney, Jr., Founder, Charleston Sticks Together, North Charleston, SC
• Hari Kumar, Principal Sales Trainer, Worldwide Learning & Development, MathWorks, Natick, MA
• Laurie Patton, President, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT
• Jennifer Howe Peace, Associate Professor of Interfaith Studies, Andover Newton Theological School, Newton Centre, MA
• Katherine Tromble, Pastoral Associate for Social Justice, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Washington, DC
• Orpheus Williams, Senior Director of Leadership Development, KIPP Foundation, New York, NY