This section provides current information on job opportunities at SEA. These listings will be updated periodically so please check back often.
Dean of Admissions
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and skilled Dean of Admissions to lead all aspects of the SEA Admissions office and team. As we continue to diversify our program offerings across undergraduate, gap year, and high school programs, the Dean of Admissions will build an effective strategy for all recruitment and admissions activities and guide a high-performing team to implement this strategy. Working with their team, the Dean of Admissions will create and sustain recruitment pipelines and develop admissions processes that will ensure that a diverse range of qualified students engage with our programs. In addition to leading the admissions team, the Dean of Admissions will collaborate with other SEA staff and faculty to identify and act on opportunities for new program development and relationship-building with partner institutions.
Joining SEA at a time when the field of study-abroad education is rapidly changing, an innovative and strategic Dean of Admissions will have the opportunity to act as a key member of our senior management team and help position the organization for continued success.
• Create a comprehensive recruitment and admissions strategy, informed by market research; establish appropriate goals; and supervise the admissions team to carry out this strategy and meet enrollment goals
• Manage the budget and staffing resources needed to ensure SEA achieves recruitment, admissions, and enrollment goals; approve and administer the budget for admissions and develop an effective staffing model and hire, train, and manage a high-performing team
• Guide the delivery of an effective recruitment plan that educates a diverse range of audiences about SEA's educational programs, including prospective students and families; higher education and high school administrators, faculty, and staff; and the general public
• Administer and monitor the admissions process for all SEA programs, ensuring academic quality and rigor, continued efforts to increase the diversity of SEA's student population, and timely application processing
• Oversee SEA's communication to prospective students, parents, and other relevant audiences at all stages of the recruitment and admissions process, ensuring consistency of messaging
• Partner with the Academic Dean and Associate Dean of Academic Partnerships to develop key relationships with college and university administrators, faculty, and staff in order to promote SEA programs, build referral pipelines, and develop opportunities for affiliation
• Collaborate with colleagues in marketing/communications and alumni affairs, ensuring that SEA's digital marketing program and alumni activities can be leveraged toward recruitment goals
• Participate in new academic program development efforts, working closely with the Academic Dean and SEA faculty members
• Work with the Associate Dean of Student Services and Financial Aid to coordinate messaging regarding SEA's commitment to affordability, scholarship offerings, and financial aid processes
• Inspire and encourage members of the SEA community about their role in promoting SEA
• Participate on SEA's Senior Management Group, working collaboratively with colleagues to address institutional needs and supporting the President in long-range planning
• Prepare and present enrollment statistics, status, and objectives to the President, Trustees, and the Senior Management Group; act as liaison to the Enrollment Committee
• Act as an external representative for SEA, including participation in conferences, meetings, and campus visits as well as hosting visitors to campus
As the incoming Dean of Admissions, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following skills and experiences:
• You come to this opportunity with at least five years of management experience in relevant roles in study abroad and/or academic admissions or administration. You bring a proven track record of meeting recruitment and admissions goals in a study abroad (provider or sending institution), experiential education, independent school, or higher education context.
• You share our commitment to the benefits of study abroad and experiential education experiences. A love of the ocean and appreciation for environmental studies are also valuable in this role.
• You are a strategic thinker who leverages market research to build, implement, and adjust recruitment and admissions strategies.
• You demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop appropriate staffing plans and manage staff at varying levels of experience to develop their professional skills.
• You possess outstanding interpersonal and communications skills and are able to engage, motivate, and collaborate with a diverse range of audiences, stakeholders, and partners.
• You are a skilled project manager with the ability to prioritize, delegate, and manage a wide range of responsibilities.
• You share our commitment to increasing diversity among our student, faculty, and staff and ensuring an inclusive environment.
• Willingness and ability to travel is required.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $95,000, commensurate with experience. SEA offers a full benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance; retirement plans; and generous vacation/sick/personal time and holidays.
SEA has engaged Koya Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume, addressed to Peg Brandon, via https://talent-profile.diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/4403.