This section provides current information on job opportunities at SEA. These listings will be updated periodically so please check back often.
Sea Education Association announces a job opening in our Woods Hole, Massachusetts office.
Title: Admissions Counselor
Reports to: Admissions Coordinator
Start Date: May 2014
One of four such positions, the SEA Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting and advising prospective SEA Semester students, managing student applications, developing and fostering relationships with academic contacts at colleges and universities, and working to develop new strategies for marketing and recruitment. This full-time position includes extensive domestic travel, offers a competitive salary and benefits, and is based in Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
- Actively recruit students on their home campuses
- Advise students, on a regional basis, throughout each stage of the inquiry/application process
- Assemble and maintain student application files
- Conduct organized follow-up with inquiries and applicants
- Maintain and strengthen ongoing relationships with administrators, faculty, and advisors at SEA Semester affiliate and sending institutions
- Establish and develop relationships with potential partner institutions
- Schedule and coordinate personal recruiting travel
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness & ability to travel frequently, especially during peak recruiting seasons
- Bachelor's degree
- Personal study abroad experience, preferably on a field-based or experiential learning program such as SEA Semester
- Previous Admissions or study abroad advising experience a plus
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should email a letter of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Admissions Counselor Search,” or mail their materials to SEA Admissions Search, P.O. Box 6, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, 02543.
SEA Semester has offered field programs in marine and environmental studies since 1971. SEA is an educational institution dedicated to the exploration, understanding, and stewardship of the oceans, and to the study of humanity's relationship with the oceans. SEA Semester offers students an interdisciplinary curriculum, on shore and at sea aboard tall ships, that provides challenging voyages of scientific discovery, academic rigor, and personal growth.