This section provides current information on job opportunities at SEA. These listings will be updated periodically so please check back often.
Sea Education Association/SEA Semester announces a job opening in our Woods Hole, Massachusetts office.
Title: Development Associate
Start Date: September 2014
The Development Associate is an integral member of a development team that is responsible for developing and implementing strategies designed to meet SEA’s fundraising goals. This position assumes overall responsibility for the integrity of the information in the master database including the gift entry, gift acknowledgement and fund reporting process. This position also is responsible for prospect identification and research, and assists with donor stewardship and cultivation in support of overall development activities. For the right individual, this position has excellent growth potential.
- Works with the development team to set fundraising goals and create overall plans to reach these goals.
- Manages Development Office software (presently Blackbaud) including: upgrades, staff training, and trouble-shooting with vendor.
- Manages entire gift receipt and acknowledgement process.
- Uses research software to identify and then provide detailed information on prospects. Recommends strategies to cultivate prospects.
- Designs and generates fund reports as requested.
- Provides accurate donor lists for Annual Report and detailed reports as requested by the Director of Development.
- Writes solicitation and acknowledgment letters.
- Writes grant proposals when requested.
- Researches foundations.
- Provides support to the Development team for solicitation mailings and special events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic, creative individual with a sense of humor and ability to work confidentially with trustees, staff, faculty and alumni.
- Self motivated team player with strong attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and grow within a small development office.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Solid word processing and database management skills required; working knowledge of fundraising software such as DonorPerfect Fundraising or Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Research Point a plus.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should email a letter of interest, résumé, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Associate Search”. SEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sea Education/SEA Semester has created ocean scholars, stewards, and leaders since 1971. We are an educational institution dedicated to the exploration, understanding, and stewardship of the oceans, and to the study of humanity's relationship with the oceans. Our SEA Semester® study abroad programs offer students an interdisciplinary curriculum, on shore and at sea aboard the most sophisticated oceanographically equipped tall ships in the United States. These programs provide challenging voyages of scientific discovery, academic rigor, and personal growth.