This section provides current information on job opportunities at SEA. These listings will be updated periodically so please check back often.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Dean of Admissions & Marketing
Start date: March 2016
Reporting to the Dean of Admissions & Marketing, the SEA Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for raising the profile of SEA Semester® study abroad programs to our target undergraduate audience, as well as increasing the visibility of Sea Education Association as a whole. The primary goal of this position is to improve the brand recognition of SEA Semester via social media and online marketing, and to create new student targeted marketing initiatives in order to maximize SEA Semester enrollment.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to communicate the value and mission of SEA Semester by managing and ensuring the consistency of SEA Semester’s online presence throughout various social media platforms, study abroad directories, and email campaigns; assist in the production process of all SEA print materials; write and submit press releases and other public promotional material as assigned; cultivate and maintain contacts within sending institutions’ media offices and the general media by providing relevant content; and work across all departments to ensure consistent language and branding. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Dean of Admissions & Marketing but works collaboratively with SEA staff and faculty to support all outreach initiatives.
Online Marketing and Communications
- Implement and oversee SEA’s social media strategy across a variety of platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Vimeo. Compile and share reports to provide feedback and opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the Web & Publications Manager to coordinate and manage all online advertising initiatives through channels including but not limited to Facebook Ad Manager and Google Adwords.
- Maintain relationships with and content for all online program directories including but not limited to Abroad101.com, GoAbroad.com, and Terra Dotta Study Abroad Directory.
- Coordinate the distribution of e-newsletters and other print and digital student communications.
- Write and submit regular press releases on behalf of the organization, and coordinate outreach to journalists and communications officers. Track and report on media coverage.
- Research and produce content, including text, photos, and videos as appropriate, for SEA blog. Raise profile of blog by communicating all newsworthy events and updates.
- Use SEA’s content management system to update the website with marketing content and other content as needed.
- Analyze website traffic, leads, and conversions for all digital marketing channels and prepare reports and recommendations on a seasonal basis.
- Investigate and recommend new marketing media technologies for SEA.
- Provide internal education related to on-going messaging, branding, and marketing efforts.
Print Marketing and Communications
- Work with Web & Publications Manager to maintain professional relationships with SEA vendors including graphic designers, printers, and other vendors as needed to assist in the production and distribution of SEA’s print materials and promotional items across all departments.
- Maintain financial records for design, printing, production, mailing and other marketing costs; prepare payment requests on a timely basis.
- Research and recommend new print advertising opportunities.
- Oversee organization, cataloging, and maintenance of SEA’s photo collections.
- Organize promotion and advertisement of on-campus, shipboard, and community events through a variety of online and print media, and staff events when necessary.
- Order and maintain inventory of student incentives.
- Organize and promote biannual SEA Semester Alumni Photo Contest.
- Participate in and lead internal marketing and communications projects as assigned.
- Oversee and manage inventory of SEA online store.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years’ marketing experience with a focus on digital marketing and social media.
- Excellent written communication skills demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability and initiative to work both in a team-oriented environment and independently.
- Proficiency in social media use and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience developing content for HTML emails to increase open, click-through, and conversion rates.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to staff marketing related events.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, and Acrobat or similar program.
- Digital photography skills.
- Ability to remain current with changing use of various media for marketing and outreach purposes.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with SEA Semester.
- Personal study abroad experience and/or familiarity with the field of international education.
- Strong skills in HTML 5, content management systems, and search engine optimization.
- Ability to develop standards compliant HTML emails.
- Knowledge of the Expression Engine CMS, or other CMS, preferred but not required.
- Video production skills or interest.
- Public event planning experience.
- Experience with in-bound marketing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a formal letter of interest, résumé, and list of three professional references to the attention of Katharine Enos, Dean of Admissions & Marketing, at email@example.com.
SEA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Check back for future shore employment opportunities.